These apply to the Boycott Your Bed event (the “Event”) and by registering for the Event you (a ‘Participant’) agree to comply with them. The Event will take place on the 21st August 2020 and further details of participation will be sent to you prior to the Event date.
The virtual Event is organised and controlled by Action for Children (a registered charity in England and Wales – 1097940, and Scotland – SC038092).
1. Only registered participants are eligible to take part in the Event.
2. Upon registering for the Event participants will receive a fundraising pack that provides helpful fundraising tips and ideas.
Health and Safety, Legal and Medical
3. Registered Participants are responsible for organising their own fundraising activities. You must run all activities related to the Event in line with all relevant laws and guidance, including the UK Government’s coronavirus (Covid-19) guidance.
4. You agree to comply with all guidance and instructions issued by Action for Children in relation to the Event, in accordance with Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Practice regarding fundraising volunteers, including but not limited to consulting and complying with the event guidance which contains tips on how to keep your event safe and legal.
5. Participants are responsible for ensuring they are sufficiently fit and healthy to take part in the Event. If a participant is unsure of their physical ability to take part in the Event must seek medical advice from their General Practitioner prior to the Event. Although the Event encourages Participants to find the most unusual place inside their home to sleep, all locations chosen by Participants must be suitable and safe i.e. ensure that locations chosen will not result in harm to either yourself or others participating in your home.
Sponsorship Monies and Donations
6. We ask each participant to try and raise as much funds as possible in aid of Action for Children.
7. All funds raised in connection with the Event are held by participants on trust for Action for Children. Participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with the Event are paid to Action for Children. We ask that you do this as soon as possible after the Event. You can:
Set up a fundraising page via justgiving.com. This is a fantastic way to raise sponsorship. It’s quick and easy to set up and then all you have to do is email everyone you know a link to your fundraising page. Justgiving handle all the donations received including claiming Gift Aid and then pay Action for Children directly. Which means once you have promoted your page, you can sit back and watch the sponsorship roll in.
Call our Supporter Care team on 0300 123 2112 with your Credit/Debit card details.
Send us a cheque payable to Action for Children, to the address below, together with a note giving your name, address and stating the money relates to Boycott Your Bed >> Action for Children Freepost RTGA-TJEJ-HHCK 3 The Boulevard Ascot Road Watford WD18 8AG
8. By providing your information when you register for the Event, Action for Children will use this for the purposes of organising and administering the Event. Action for Children may also contact you to discuss your fundraising activity.
9. Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending other communications to you, where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about Action for Children’s work.
12. If you wish to use the ‘Supporting Action for Children’ logo to aid your fundraising for the Event, you must seek written consent from Action for Children at least five working days in advance to such use.
You can get in touch with your Action for Children staff contact directly or alternatively contact the Supporter Care team via email on [email protected] or phone 0300 123 2112.
13. You and all Participants participate in fundraising and the Event entirely at your/their own risk and, so far as permitted by law, Action for Children shall not be liable in connection with your/their fundraising or the Event. Action for Children shall in any event not be liable for any consequential, indirect or special losses and the total liability of Action for Children to each and every participant is capped at the total amount that participant fundraises in aid of Action for Children for the Event.